Friday, July 3, 2009

To Paint or Not to Paint?

This black and white checkerboard floor is in my laundry room/sewing room. I painted it twenty years ago this month, so it took that long to wear down this much.

The raspberries and leaves were picked one morning. I'll post later about what I do with the leaves.

I'm thinking about painting my kitchen floor to match. The two floors run together. You can barely see the kitchen floor in the top picture. It's pine boards. I LOVE black and white checkerboard kitchen floors. Or I could paint a floor cloth to go under the table instead.

So I'm taking a poll. Come on all you friends of mine that I know read my blog but never comment. What should I do? Paint both floors b/w checkerboard or just do a floor cloth for the kitchen? I think I'll repaint the laundry room floor regardless of what I do in the kitchen. I hate to cover over the patina, but it's pretty worn.
What would YOU do?

8 comments:

Molly said...

I vote floor cloth!

Meredith said...

paint!

I have painted floors in 3 houses and love that look! Last week I painted the kids' bedroom floors glossy white, and the shine and light are just incredible.

Misti Aldrich said...

I like the idea of a floor cloth, that maybe has black and white checkers in it. :)

Melissa said...

Both!! paint the black and white checkerboard and then do a cute floor cloth with bright cherries or flowers or...raspberries!

Anonymous said...

Emma and I vote for black and white checks on both, although I'm sure either will look good.

Angie Wilson

Marissa said...

I say paint them both. You know you will have to clean/vacuum the cloth, the floor you can just sweep with the occasional mopping. Besides why cover up beautiful hardwood floors, even if they are painted. : )

Katy said...

I wouldn't do anything. They look good just as they are. But, I'm pretty lazy too. My husband would be all up for painting them, I'm sure.

I'm back from my travels and somewhat recuperated. I haven't felt motivated to blog in weeks. I work at Pomegranate W, TH, F of this week, and next week my brother and his family will be in Brunswick. When I know more about their schedule, I'll touch base with you about our bookmaking project.

Love,
K

Pat said...

I would paint the laundry floor glossy white. It would simplify a busy room. You could paint a floor cloth runner in diagonal checks in dark blue for the laundry and a matching one for under the table. This would unify the two rooms and cover the area that gets the most wear. I just wipe my floor cloths with a damp sponge. Very low maintainence. I wish I were there to help. I am starting a new floor cloth now with centtral checks and a pomegranate and leaf border. Have fun.
Pat