Monday, October 13, 2008

A Prayer Request and a Prayer

Look closely at the lower left corner of window.  Do you see a woman's face?  I took this photo the last time we were in  Williamsburg.

Please pray for the family of the surgeon who performed Darcie's appendectomy.  He died this morning leaving a wife and two young daughters.  He was found in a coma by his fishing buddies.  He was put on life support but had no brain activity.  The decision was made to take him off late this morning, and he died shortly thereafter. 

I don't know if he was a Christian or not.  I pray for the comfort of the Holy Spirit to cover his poor wife and daughters.  He was only in his 30's.  He had a reputation as a very good surgeon.  It seems like such a waste, doesn't it?  

But God has his plans which we know nothing about.  I do know that everything he does is good, so I have to be content with that.

Here's a prayer we prayed in unison yesterday at church:  Heavenly Father, we know that we live in a world that is full of corruption.  Grant us the power to live in this world without being corrupted by it; that we may enter Your kingdom with great joy.  This we ask through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your  Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.  Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you said right here:

:::But God has his plans which we know nothing about. I do know that everything he does is good, so I have to be content with that.:::

is really it, isn't it? Good words, Debbie.

Yes, I've prayed for your daughter's doctor's family. What a shock it is when things like this happen, and all we can do is go back to what you said (above).

Oh, and I look forward to more photos of your house. I can tell this is going to be fun! I love what you've already shared.

Susan :-)

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

It is always so sad when someone young like that passes away.

I pray God's will for his family.