Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Great Grandma and the Twins

My mama came down for a few days to see her new great granddaughters. I wish we lived closer so we could visit more often. We're five and a half hours apart. I am thankful that it's drivable in half a day, but one hour would be so much better; so would ten minutes! That's how close I live to Laurel, the twins' mother and my oldest daughter.
I think Laurel and her whole family will be going to the mountains sometime this fall for a vacation. They'll be going by my parents' house so Daddy can see them, too. He would have come down with Mama this time, but his shoulders hurt too much if he sits for that long.

I hope to get away for a few days myself this fall and have my annual get-away. I love my family but need time alone to plan, regroup, give myself some pep talks, read Scripture, and pray. It does a body good!

2 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Wonderful pictures of your mother and the babies! I wish I had my family closer, too--my folks are ten hours away, and I'm trying to convince them to move here. Time alone to think, pray and read sounds wonderful. Can't wait to hear about it!

xofrances

Pom Pom said...

Hi, Debbie!
Oh, the twins are wonderful! Congrats!
Yes, time away will revive your heart and soul AND your creative mind. Great idea!