Here is the list of spiritual books I plan on reading during my morning worship time. I read in one for about fifteen minutes to get me in the 'zone'. Then I read some in the Psalms and the rest of the Bible, then pray some. I break it up into fifteen minute segments and try to keep at it from 6:00-7:00 a.m.
This morning I was up and down like a jack-in-the-box. But it's more than I would have done in bed! So here's the list:
1. The Weight of Glory-C.S. Lewis-This one is blowing me away! More later.
2. From the Library of C.S. Lewis, Selections from writers who influenced his spiritual journey
3. The Peace Maker-Ken Sande
4. Simple Abundance, a Daybook of Comfort and Joy-Sarah Ban Breathnach-I don't know if this author is a Christian or not. It's one of those books that anyone 'spiritual' can get something out of. I read it from a Christian viewpoint and like it quite a lot.
5. Thoughts in Solitude-Thomas Merton
6. The Praying Christian, God's Warrior-John M. Otis
7. The Puritans on Prayer-I'm trying to be a better prayer warrior.
8. The Cloud of Unknowing-Author Unknown-I read this several years ago and really liked it.
This list will last all year; maybe longer since I only read in them for fifteen minutes each morning.