Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cool Photography


I bought three rolls of 3200 ISO film.  I tried this film a few months ago and really loved it.  The blacks are really black and the whites are really white; lots of contrast.  It cost about $15 a roll to develop, so I have to be careful not to waste any shots.  And the photos are really grainy.  I love grainy!

This photo was taken using regular film.  I just used it because I wanted a black and white one.  You'll see a big difference when I post the ones taken with the 3200 film.

I took the cutest photo of Darcie from the back holding a white kitten on her shoulder.  I handtinted her hairbow light pink and the kitten's eyes green.  Very striking, if I must say so myself.  As soon as I learn how to scan my photos into the computer, I'll show it to you.

I took a roll up in Tennessee of my Daddy and his bees, Darcie and her first cousin Ethan, and Mama's solid white cat Prince sitting on the split rail fence.  

I just love photography!  I immediately get in the "zone" as soon as I get an 'aha' moment.  It's a real rush.  I feel more alive when I'm taking pictures, but I'm not taking them as often now.  My eye is getting more discerning, so I know what will look good and what won't.  It was more fun when I didn't know what I was doing!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I love photography too. I long for a good camera. That is on my wish list...
Can't wait to view the new pics!

Anonymous said...

Photography is awesome!
Cool pics.