Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Being Creative


"Unless we are creators, we are not fully alive." Madeleine L'Engle from Walking on Water

She continues, "What do I mean by creators? Not only artists, whose acts of creation are the obvious ones of working with paint or clay or words. Creativity is a way of living life, no matter what our vocation or how we earn our living. Our freedom to be creators is far less limited than some people would think."

Do something creative today, then come back here and tell me what you did. I'm going to create a birthday memory for my oldest daughter who turns 29 today.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

You are so right, love this. I am most happy when I am being creative. We need to be using our God given talents. And there are lots of ways to do that.
God Bless your day! Sharon

Leslie said...

I have read so many good things about L'Engle's book. I must really read this book! My sons removed 4 bushes for me on Sunday so that I can plant more flowers and pretty things in front of my house. It will slow me down taking over the grassy yard. :) Despite a cough and a headache I got outside and worked the soil in my flower bed, pulling roots and leaves. While it doesn't look like much the whole time I was imagining the outcome and making plans. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Katy said...

Greetings from Yakima, Washington!

Are you going to post the FO?!