Friday, April 9, 2010

Family Ties

Here's "Aunt Darcie" and her four nephews on Easter Sunday. There were some unhappy faces, because I made them pose BEFORE Sunday dinner. They wanted to eat first and take pictures later. But I know those clothes wouldn't look the same AFTER.

When Laurel and I are together with these five young ones, most people think they all belong to her; even though she doesn't look old enough to have one or two much less five! Of course I look like the grandmother of them all. I wonder if anyone ever thinks that they're all mine? Nah!

For those of you who don't know us, Darcie is my youngest and Laurel is my oldest with three boys sandwiched in the middle. I had four little ones, all two years apart, who are now ages 29, 27, 25, and 22. Eleven years later I had Darcie. Surprise!

It sure has been a lot of fun; first with having four teenagers and a toddler and now having four adult children, an eleven year old, and four grandchildren. I feel very blessed.

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

You were having your first four when I was having my four. How wonderful to get yet another! The youngest and the grands are adorable. I know what you mean about keeping clean. I remember it being an all-day endeavor and now my grands are always getting their faces washed and I whine to the mamas, "Aren't there any fresh clothes in the diaper bag?" I am so sorry you can't have yet another week at the beach. I will think of you soaking up the sea air when I start having hot flashes in the classroom. It's roasting in here! I shall send your birdie along this weekend. Lovelove

Kari of Writing Up A Storm said...

What a lovely family you have! There were four of us kids growing up, and we used to beg our mother to have one more. We had one set of five cousins and we wanted to match them! xo Kari