Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Favorite Authors

I've been seeing on various blogs different 'favorite authors' lists. I thought I'd post my own. This is not exhaustive, and as soon as I'm finished, I'm sure I'll think of someone else to add.

So here goes:

Mark Twain
Anthony Trollope
Kathleen Norris
Elizabeth Goudge
Pat Conroy
Susan Howatch
Rosamunde Pilcher
Barbara Michaels
Jan Karon
Susan Vreeland
C.S. Lewis
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Diana Gabaldon
Alexander McCall Smith
Bill Bryson
Jean Craighead George
D.E. Stevenson
L.M. Montgomery
Madeleine L'Engle
Beverley Nichols
Gladys Tabor
Jane Austen
Mrs. Radcliffe (Anne)
The Bronte Sisters
Daphne Du Maurier
Augusta Jane Evans
Thomas Hardy

And my favorite 'beach trash' authors:
Janet Evanovich
Jude Deveraux

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I see some of MY favorites on your list. I'm reading an interesting book called, Chasing Francis. Have you heard of it?

debbie bailey said...

No, I haven't. Who's the author?

Lisa Richards said...

Great list! I love Elizabeth Goudge, C.S. Lewis and several others on your list. Books are little worlds unto themselves. Happy reading!

Lisa Richards said...

I see you're reading a book by Frederica Mathewes-Green. I read Facing East years ago and loved her inside look at Eastern Orthodoxy. Also, I especially love Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte.