Saturday, December 17, 2011

Making Cookies with Nana

We planned a special night last night for the grandchildren. It was their parents' eleventh wedding anniversary, so I said I'd keep the twins while their Pappy took the boys to see the lights about town.

This was the scene after the boys returned. Darcie stayed with me and helped with the girls. She's holding Piper here. There's no way I could have taken care of both of the twins at the same time. I don't know how moms of multiples do it without help.

Scout helped me make iced sugar cookies. From her casual repose in the Bumbo, she tells me what to add and when. I guess the stress was too much for her, because she fell asleep in the middle of the recipe. I had to finish by myself. Good thing I've made these cookies before, or I wouldn't have known what to do!

P.S. Wasn't it smart of Laurel and me to have children about the same time? That way, Darcie doesn't have to grow up as an only child (she has four grown older siblings) and her boys get to have a sort of big sister. Yes, we're brilliant that way.


3 comments:

Angela said...

What a sweet group! And I've never seen one of those little chairs before, but they look pretty handy.

Pom Pom said...

Wow! Ambitious! Love the BUMBO!

laurel said...

This post made me giggle. Aren't you witty?! ;)
The boys had a great time, and I'm grateful you kept them all AND made special Christmas memories at the same time!