Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Magnifying Christ



This morning's reading from Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper: "Whenever something is of tremendous value to you, and you cherish its beauty or power or uniqueness, you want to draw others' attention to it and waken in them the same joy. That is why Paul's all-consuming goal in life was for Christ to be magnified. Christ was of infinite value to Paul, and so Paul longed for others to see and savor this value. That is what it means to magnify Christ-to show the magnitude of his value."

This book is really helping me hone in on what it means to glorify Christ. We throw those words around without realizing their true meaning. I pray that I will really know Christ in all his glory-from his taking human form, to his death, burial, resurrection, and ascension. I want to live the kind of life that when people look at me without even knowing me they think, "Something's different about her." I want to radiate with the love of Christ so that everyone around me can feel His warmth.

I have so far to go to be that way, but I have the hope of Christ in me that it will be so, in time.

1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I just love that book.

I kept re-reading sections of it over and over as I read it during my quiet time last winter. :)