Friday, May 1, 2009

A New, Old Color

This is a corner in the children's bathroom.  For twenty years it's been white.  I bought a pretty, sweet Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic shower curtain with pink roses and green leaves and thought the walls would look good painted green.

I painted almost the whole room and lived with it for a few weeks.  It never did grow on me.  

We were having company last weekend and I didn't want them having to use that bathroom like it was, so I painted it back white.  I think beadboard looks best white anyway.  Now I have to decide on a color for the baseboards and back of the door.  I've tried green, yellow, and pink.

I thought I'd like the pink to match the shower curtain, but the color I picked out looked like Pepto Bismol once it was on the wall.  Yuck!  I'm going to have it toned down and made a little more peachy.  I'll take pictures.

2 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

My daughter was an interior designer before her first child was born. She is always telling me not to be afraid of painting because I can cover anything I end up not liking.

You have definitely proven that! :)

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

I love white beadboard.
Pristine simplicity....

Blessings on the work of your hands....

All's grace,
Ann