Thursday, September 18, 2014

Before Daybreak



"It is a habit of my life always to be out of the house before daybreak. There are sights and sounds, there is a glory on the world then that it hardly wears at any other time. And I treasure the memories of things seen and heard then." Archibald Rutledge from Home By the River

I totally agree with Mr. Rutledge. I can count on one hand the number of times in a year that I miss the sunrise on any given day. It's the loveliest time, so quiet not even the birds are awake yet. It's a hovering between two worlds not unlike the ebb tide; a suspension of time almost mystical.

5 comments:

M.K. said...

I'm not a morning person, but I realize I'm missing a LOT by staying in bed :) Your photos are glorious. I love the reflections, the water, the light.

Rootietoot said...

I love listening to the morning wake up. There are too many trees around the house to see anything more than the sky getting lighter, but listening to peepers and birds as is does is a soothing way to start a day. The pictures are beautiful!

Gumbo Lily said...

Beautiful, artful photos. I love early mornings too. Most often here, the birds are making noise even before the sun rises. They wake me up. (I like that.)

Pom Pom said...

Pretty photos, Debbie!

Unknown said...

I'm a morning lover too! I love your description of hovering between two worlds. I wrote a poem called The Edge of Light; thinking about how light unzips the night.