Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sprucing Up For Spring

Well, after 23 years, I'm finally adding more gingerbread to the outside of our house. When we first built, I was overly caution about how much trim was added not wanting the house to look like a wedding cake. Our house style, Carpenter Gothic circa 1835, is more plain than later Victorians.

But after living with it for so long, I've decided it needs a little more fancying up. So over the next 3-4 days, I'll be poring over online catalogues trying to find what I really like. If you're new here, the top house is ours. The following photos are possible trimmings, brackets, and gable decorations. Stay tuned for the final results.

5 comments:

M.K. said...

Ooooo -- that's all so pretty! I don't think it would look overdone, b/c your house is large and the size of it will help all the decor to blend in. I particularly like photo #2, the trim just under your house photo.

magsmcc said...

You see, these are the language barriers! Gingerbread suggested to me that you were becoming to Hansel and Gretel what I mostly am to my offspring! But clearly it is a much less temper-encrusted thing. Hopefully! All looking fabulous from this side of the ocean x

Angela said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

debbie bailey said...

Mags, I didn't think about you not knowing what gingerbread on houses meant! That's funny! I've run into some folks over here that didn't know either, so it isn't just you.

Leslie said...

I love the look very much! Can't wait to see!