Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sprucing Up For Spring

Well, after 23 years, I'm finally adding more gingerbread to the outside of our house. When we first built, I was overly caution about how much trim was added not wanting the house to look like a wedding cake. Our house style, Carpenter Gothic circa 1835, is more plain than later Victorians.

But after living with it for so long, I've decided it needs a little more fancying up. So over the next 3-4 days, I'll be poring over online catalogues trying to find what I really like. If you're new here, the top house is ours. The following photos are possible trimmings, brackets, and gable decorations. Stay tuned for the final results.

5 comments:

M.K. said...

Ooooo -- that's all so pretty! I don't think it would look overdone, b/c your house is large and the size of it will help all the decor to blend in. I particularly like photo #2, the trim just under your house photo.

magsmcc said...

You see, these are the language barriers! Gingerbread suggested to me that you were becoming to Hansel and Gretel what I mostly am to my offspring! But clearly it is a much less temper-encrusted thing. Hopefully! All looking fabulous from this side of the ocean x

Angela said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

debbie bailey said...

Mags, I didn't think about you not knowing what gingerbread on houses meant! That's funny! I've run into some folks over here that didn't know either, so it isn't just you.

wayside wanderer said...

I love the look very much! Can't wait to see!