Thursday, June 21, 2012

Visiting Amish Country









My new header photo was taken in Lancaster, PA when we were there two weeks ago visiting our youngest son and his wife. He's in seminary at Westminster Theological Seminary. We visited between semesters so were able to spend a good deal of time with him. Sweet DIL was able to take off some time from her job as a nanny. We took our youngest daughter and our oldest grandchild. They're only four years difference in age. Weren't we smart to plan things that way? Yeah, right!

I've always wanted to see Amish country and finally got the chance. I know they don't like to have their pictures taken, so I was very sneaky. 99 percent of the photos I took were from a moving vehicle. It's a wonder any of them turned out, but amazingly they did.

I love the incongruity of the man dressed in colonial clothes talking on a cell phone!

Here are a few of my favorites.

5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I want to hear and see more, please!

M.K. said...

Lovely pics! Glad you had a good time.I find the Amish lifestyle very appealing -- from a distance!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos - I love reading about the Amish!
Have a great weekend, Debbie!
Zuzu

Leslie said...

Oh, I want to go! Really inviting photos.

Heather said...

Great pictures! How fascinating the Amish are. I'd love to visit the area and learn more about them.