Saturday, June 25, 2011

Authors You Love




I found the coolest thing! If you click on this link, http://www.literature-map.com/, you can list your favorite author and ones similar to him/her will come up on a list. It's a way to find new authors that write in a style you already love.

I typed in Diana Gabaldon and got back this list: Jude Deveraux, Nora Roberts, Linda Howard, Amanda Quick, Janet Evanovich, Lori Foster, Maeve Binchy, Phillipa Gregory, Catherine Cookson, Elizabeth Peters, Jack Whyte, Mary Stewart, and more. Some of these authors I've read, some I haven't.

On Diana Gabaldon's website she lists her favorite authors. Jack Whyte is one of them. I've never read anything by him, but if Diana recommends him, that's good enough for me!

If you could pick one favorite author, who would it be?

*Photos taken at the Appalachian Museum in Norris, Tennessee, I think. I'm drawn to old books like a moth to a flame. I've seen so many of them that's it's hard to look at a photo and remember where I was at the time!

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Actual books do kindle a connection for me too. I don't think I will be reading books on devices...
Thanks for the link.

M.K. said...

Beautiful photos! If I could choose one indoor place that would be my favorite, I think it would be an old, dark bookshop. My favorite writer is Anthony Trollope, although I have many I love.

Leslie said...

This is so cool! I just came up with a long list of new-to-me authors to look for. I searched Sigrid Undset, Barbara Kingsolver, Anne Lamont, Gerald Durrell, Anne Dillard. I am sure I will think of more.